Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - who's racing the MBAA series??!?

Starts this weekend at McDowell!!

Im going to be getting my butt kicked in SS open.

As always should be a good time and hope they get some decent attendance.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
BritMtnBiker said:
Ok - who's racing the MBAA series??!?

Starts this weekend at McDowell!!

Im going to be getting my butt kicked in SS open.

As always should be a good time and hope they get some decent attendance.
Me....I guess.

Men's SS (I tried to register for Women's, but apparently there is a strip search before the race).

Anybody know what the camping situation will be like this weekend?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
SS Open - Should be a fast group... I am betting Scott C. will destroy everyone in this group this year... :)

The Sunday race thing is kind of a bummer because a lot of people are not going to be able to make it, but at least we only have to do 1 of them to be in contention for the points!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sport 30-39...looking forward to getting handed to me. Nothing like fighting a massive head cold the week before the first race! :D

How much would it cost to camp? Is it $6 per day x two days plus a camp fee?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tamen00 said:
SS Open - Should be a fast group... I am betting Scott C. will destroy everyone in this group this year... :)

The Sunday race thing is kind of a bummer because a lot of people are not going to be able to make it, but at least we only have to do 1 of them to be in contention for the points!
Its bad enough I have to race against you now, but Scott C. who will keep getting faster each year!! Oh well, someones got to bring up the rear!

·
livin' the dream......
1,967 Posts
Never did a mbaa race before. Strongly considering it after having a good time with the Dust Devil Series, which was my intro to this type of racing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im in. Will be racing cat 2 19-29. Hope to get bumped to expert next season. hoping to take a top three overall. went and pre rode yesterday , conditions were good. weather was awsome.

I'll be flying my colors as well. Team Exhale bikes. :)

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
I will be there also racing with you Brit. I'm not even ready for a cat 1 course so be nice when you kick dust in my face. I pre-rode the course and thought I was doing great for a practice and thought I would get top five no problem. Then I looked up last seasons MBAA results and it broke my heart. I am easily 10-15 minutes from getting 5th, I am just hoping that last season's course was shorter and faster. Camping in the venue area is usualy $6 each night but i think $14 if you stay at the RV camp.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TacoBeer said:
I will be there also racing with you Brit. I'm not even ready for a cat 1 course so be nice when you kick dust in my face. I pre-rode the course and thought I was doing great for a practice and thought I would get top five no problem. Then I looked up last seasons MBAA results and it broke my heart. I am easily 10-15 minutes from getting 5th, I am just hoping that last season's course was shorter and faster. Camping in the venue area is usualy $6 each night but i think $14 if you stay at the RV camp.
Hoping you were in! I remember you passing me the last two races of the season last year. Getting our butts on the podium will definitely be more of a challenge. We will have to pray for mechanicals for all the fast boys!!

·
Dad trying to keep up!
37 Posts
camping and gravity

$6 to get in gate and you can dry camp in the parking lot. Should be a good crowd with the races on Saturday. Pot luck dinner saturday night also, and a night ride for fun. I'll be there in Cat 3 and kids racing in NOVA series too. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.