Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Tanks is this weekend - who's going? Hopefully it will be a better turn out than Estrella. And, has anyone heard if they are still allowing 3 drops? That is so stupid. I can understand one or two, but three? That is almost half the season. I understand everyone has something that comes up with kids, work, or has a bad day. But 3 drops??? Just curious. Hope to see you all this weekend!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was stoked to go race it, but my husband who also races got called to work that day and no getting out of it :madman: No one will be in town to watch the kuddos either. This will be the only race I miss (hopefully) I'll probably come out to cheer my team on anyway........

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'll be there! Traveling with work this week and that always messes with my performance but I decided to bring my bike and am getting in a few rides while here. At 6000+ feet too so maybe it will help offset the traveling interruption! I can always hope.

·
Registered
813 Posts
26er_Chick said:
White Tanks is this weekend - who's going? Hopefully it will be a better turn out than Estrella. And, has anyone heard if they are still allowing 3 drops? That is so stupid. I can understand one or two, but three? That is almost half the season. I understand everyone has something that comes up with kids, work, or has a bad day. But 3 drops??? Just curious. Hope to see you all this weekend!
Not really "drops" per se, it's your best 5 finishes.

From the rules:

4.2) The MBAA Mountain Bike State Points Series will be based on rider's scores, from 5 of 8 series XC races. The riders must race 5 XC races in the same category to qualify for the State Points Series. The State Finals is mandatory to qualify for the series.

Only thing I don't know is if this is 5 before or including Williams. I'm assuming including.

·
livin' the dream......
1,954 Posts
Just registered online last night. Missed the 1st two due to work, kids hockey, etc..........

·
Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
859 Posts
I'm not ready but will be there. Right now just camping and racing for the fun of it. I will also have a keg of Four Peaks Brew if anyone (21 and over) wants to come by and have a pint on me. (bring your own pint, mug or cup.)

·
livin' the dream......
1,954 Posts
Good point, I am technically "not ready" but am going for the fun of it and give it my best shot. I will have my mug! Thanks !!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I will be there. I have done some 12 and 24 hour team races-this will be my first "individual" race. Should be interesting! I signed up for CAT 1-the 1 stands for your first race, right? :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
TacoBeer said:
I'm not ready but will be there. Right now just camping and racing for the fun of it. I will also have a keg of Four Peaks Brew if anyone (21 and over) wants to come by and have a pint on me. (bring your own pint, mug or cup.)
I don't see myself making this race. But perhaps I will be taking you up on your offer.

·
\m/ \m/
368 Posts
chiva said:
I won't be there b/c I'll be in Vegas doing a stage race on the road bike. I'll be in Sierra Vista!
Funny, I'm coming down from Vegas for the race :D

·
Registered
813 Posts
Since we are on the topic of racing, can anyone comment on HT 29ers in the AZ races?

Been rolling the 26" FS for a while...and thinking I may be looking to jump on the 29er bandwagon for a lightweight, carbon race day only bike.

I'd start a new topic, I know that racing isn't a big part of the AZ MTBR scene. :D

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
cru_jones said:
Since we are on the topic of racing, can anyone comment on HT 29ers in the AZ races?

Been rolling the 26" FS for a while...and thinking I may be looking to jump on the 29er bandwagon for a lightweight, carbon race day only bike.

I'd start a new topic, I know that racing isn't a big part of the AZ MTBR scene. :D
What's the question?

The MBAA courses are for the most part unchallenging, so IMO FS is overkill. And 29ers are perfect for AZ's less-than-hard-packed trails.

·
livin' the dream......
1,954 Posts
cru_jones said:

I have been riding a 29er HT for a year and a half now and feel it fits well for the courses we ride. I am quicker on this bike vs my 26er FS. This is based on personal TT's I did on McDowell long loop. THis is just me, others may have different experiences.

·
Registered
813 Posts
tjkm said:
I have been riding a 29er HT for a year and a half now and feel it fits well for the courses we ride. I am quicker on this bike vs my 26er FS. This is based on personal TT's I did on McDowell long loop. THis is just me, others may have different experiences.
What HT are you riding?

·
livin' the dream......
1,954 Posts
cru_jones said:
What HT are you riding?
2010 Stumpjumper Comp 29er

I have carbon tastes on an aluminum budget.........about to load up and head to WT.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts