Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, is anybody else gonna go? I'm signed up for the men's Cat 2 race.

Second, are they still going to use Little Bear and Elden Springs? I thought they both got wiped out last summer.

·
Always in the wrong gear
521 Posts
I'm toying with the idea of going, but its dependent on some logistical things (Work/$$$). Should know in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Second, are they still going to use Little Bear and Elden Springs? I thought they both got wiped out last summer.
Notice that the scheduled work days for L. Bear and Elden are termed "Restoration" and not maintenance. My guess is they will remain closed all summer. The FS was talking about major reroutes for L. Elden. Flagstaff Biking Organization » Trail Program

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, they put the final course map up. Did a run on the course today, or tried to. I think I missed Oldham coming back up to Rocky Ridge all together, and there's about a mile more of Rocky Ridge I didn't do since I came back on Easy Oldham by accident. Not really familiar with the south Elden/Buffalo Park area. Oh well. Next time.

Anyway, a 9.7 MPH average given the wind, the terrain, and I wasn't really pushing it as hard as I could in the climbs, I'm okay with that. Some more practice and I'll be good to go.

Bike Ride Profile | 22 miles near Flagstaff | Times and Records | Strava

Anybody else coming out for the race?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone riding the Super D race the following day? I signed up thinking it was going to be a gravity style race (considering they are running shuttles), then I realized the course descends down lower moto (which from what Ive heard is actually meant to ridden uphill and is very tame). What should I expect?

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Anyone riding the Super D race the following day? I signed up thinking it was going to be a gravity style race (considering they are running shuttles), then I realized the course descends down lower moto (which from what Ive heard is actually meant to ridden uphill and is very tame). What should I expect?
You can expect a clapped out multi-use trail that climbs or descends 500' in ~3 miles.:skep:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lower Moto is a trail that meanders downhill, not a downhill trail. That said, it's a pretty fun trail downhill. I always like Schultz or Lower Moto downhill. Nothing serious on either, but fun none the less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts