Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the letter (and picture) in MBA from a person who came across a broken bike hanging from a tree in the woods? If you look closely it looks like a Truth that cracked at the TT/DT. Brutal! I guess he's not going for the warranty claim since he left it there in the woods!

I'm suprised our friends on the Turner Boards haven't picked up on this one yet! :D

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
chad1433 said:
I'm suprised our friends on the Turner Boards haven't picked up on this one yet! :D
well, without a picture or a link, it's pure conjecture! The turner board won't roast it untill we have plenty of useless equations, graphs, and pseudo-engineering analysis to properly char-broil it. That's how the new and improved turner board is! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
chad1433 said:
What, no one subscribes to MBA? Not even poaching it at your local Borders????
What month and what page?

I stopped my subscription to MBA cuz they seem to always review the same damn bikes---Santa Cruz! I must've seen the Nomad reviewed/mentioned/on the cover at least 4-5 times in the last 6-7 months. Tell me R.C. is not in bed with SC???

I don't think an Ellsworth has been reviewed in the last 3-4 years in MBA.

But my friend buys almost every month so I can see if I can find it.

But tell me why I want to put it up so the Homers can get a proper roast?!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Sniff sniff. Do I smell a roast? :D It's that dude's own fault. He should know that trail is way to rough for an Ells.

Seriously, that is some messed up sh!t. Hope he's not disfigured or permanently hurt. I think about wearing my full face for xc rides in the winter because of all the ice.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
tscheezy said:
Sniff sniff. Do I smell a roast? :D It's that dude's own fault. He should know that trail is way to rough for an Ells.

Seriously, that is some messed up sh!t. Hope he's not disfigured or permanently hurt. I think about wearing my full face for xc rides in the winter because of all the ice.
Hilarious stuff. Bad advertising IMHO.

"I was just riding along and....."

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks like it broke right at the head tube. He must have run off the trail and hit a tree or something head on. There aren't enough big drops to break that thing on the trail. I'm sure some people will claim that this proves that Ellsworth are junk. You know if that was a Santa Cruz, MBA would have never run that picture.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MBA is always giving props to Ellsworth. They reviewed the Moment when it first came out and they always have Interbike shots of Ellsworth bikes. Mountain Biking seems to feature them more though, with recent reviews of the ID, Moment and Truth.

It makes sense for Santa Cruz to schmooz with the bike mags since it's virtually free advertising. Titus is always in MBA, as is Foes. It's a Cali thing... ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
El Sol said:
looks to be one of the old bushing style Truths.
Hey man, I had a bushing Truth and that thing was still solid after 4-5 years of riding :mad: Beat up but solid.

Traded it in for the Moment, was sorry to see it go :( It was an awesome ride, didn't need no stinkin platform shock either. It took this many years for others to catch up with VPP, DW, Maestro, platform shocks, etc..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.