Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a wreck on Sat, went over the bars and my foot didn't unclip so my leg was caught between the toptube and the handlebar.
after untangling myself checked my leg seemed fine walked around didn't seem to be any issues, then I ran my fingers up the edge of my Tibia and as I got to the upper part of it by my knee I noticed there was an indention in the shape of my toptube.

So it seems that maybe the bone got crushed in a little, has anyone ever seen this or had this happen to them?
I was going to go to the ER but decided that since I can walk around and it doesn't seem to hurt to just make an appt with an orthopedic doc.
I have an appt on Thur. but im curious as to what may have happened.

Derrick

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's weird. Bone bruises hurt like hell to the touch. That actually hurt like hell for like 6 weeks. It doesn't sound like you compressed the bone, but if there is a big dent...there isn't much there to dent. The skin in thin and in the front and center there isn't any muscle. I'm interested to see what your ortho says.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there just some ritchey spd's, yeah I wasn't moving very fast but it just happened kinda fast and just wasn't able to react.
yes it could have been alot worse, I was actually able to watch it happen since I kind of landed on my back/neck area. so as I saw it happen I thought to myself that I might have just broke my leg.

Ill post after i go to the doc and see what happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.