Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
It's more like normal vs. turbo. Perhaps he can't stand the whistling.

Astrix Rook is one of the few that comes to mind.

As weight is not really relevant, perhaps an affordable custom steel frame (usually quite light for steel) would be the best you can get in terms of fit and perfomance, without going all crazy with custom carbon fibre and such.

There are shops who might be able to stick V mounts on a Superfly...but you didn't hear from me!

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
Cloxxki said:
It's more like normal vs. turbo. Perhaps he can't stand the whistling.

Astrix Rook is one of the few that comes to mind.

As weight is not really relevant, perhaps an affordable custom steel frame (usually quite light for steel) would be the best you can get in terms of fit and perfomance, without going all crazy with custom carbon fibre and such.

There are shops who might be able to stick V mounts on a Superfly...but you didn't hear from me!
Cloxxki's hit it on the head - the Astrix Rook is what you're looking for. 7005 Al, great finish, good geo and great through the woods.

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
Hey look! She's got some of them "Drum" brakes

photo lifted from mikesee

Some people prefer linear pulls. In all but the worst Winter conditions I know do.
But for the most part, you either have to go custom or more towards the lets say more affordable, not so light, side of the market to get them like a Surly.
Do Sinister's come with canti mounts?

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Soul Cycles Dillinger is another great option that would not break your bank (less expensive than a Rook even) for a high quality Aluminum frame. It comes with removable v-brake bosses should you choose to run Vs on it. EBB, geared and SS specific dropouts, Easton Ultralite front triangle, nice tire clearance on the rear triangle. Overall a solid value.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204281

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.