Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Im thinking of a little strange build project and it seems that a 29:er frame might make it possible...

So... I would be very happy and really appreciate if a few of you could at least consider to check this out... I would like to know the distance between the chainstays at 340mm or 13.5inces from the center of the rear axel... and as well, the distance between the seatstays at 340mm or 13.5inches from the center of the rear axel...

Im searching for a frame that has around 70mm at these points and thought that there might be some 29:er frame that has the magic dimensions...

So thanks in advance and I hope that at least some of you can consider to take a little time to check it out...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Width

Tobias/Frost said:
...Im thinking of a little strange build project and it seems that a 29:er frame might make it possible...

So... I would be very happy and really appreciate if a few of you could at least consider to check this out... I would like to know the distance between the chainstays at 340mm or 13.5inces from the center of the rear axel... and as well, the distance between the seatstays at 340mm or 13.5inches from the center of the rear axel...

Im searching for a frame that has around 70mm at these points and thought that there might be some 29:er frame that has the magic dimensions...

So thanks in advance and I hope that at least some of you can consider to take a little time to check it out...
I measured the One 9 at those points (not where a 29er tire will fall). The Seatstay is 70mm wide and Chainstay is 67mm wide. Running a 26 inch rim with a 3.0 downhill tire will get you close to a 29 inch diameter but will change the seat and head angle of any 29er you try this on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big thanks to you Chris... to bad that the chainstays were to narrow... would been nice to be able to base this build on one of your beautiful frames but... so now the search goes on... my thought was to run 26" 3.0 front and rear so that doesnt change the angles... but it will lower the BB a bit... no biggie thou... anyway, thanks again...

T

·
Registered
138 Posts
GF 292 >70mm

I attempted to measure my 292 and found that it isn't so easy without the proper tool.
Round tubes kind of trick you. Anyhow, while not able to report an accurate measurement
It seems to be larger than 70 mm at both the CS and the SS.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.