Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Trail maintenance and local riding for me. Looking forward to cleaning up the trails now that it looks like the rain is out of our weather window, or is it?????

·
Registered
710 Posts
Tried the 2019 OCC beginner loop today. I'm not much of a judge yet, but conditions seemed pretty great to me. And an early start + weekday + cool & misty meant most of the trails were just for me and the rabbits.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Weed whacking + 10. Trail is rough but the diamond can be seen just underneath the cowshit and rough tread. Maybe this will just be a personal passion for awhile, but there is something soothing about turning the cranks at 6AM before most people haven't even had coffee.

Slope Soil Field Agriculture Grassland

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Yet another stellar day in Santa Cruz. Perfect dirt and weather in June: Crazy. But there were sirens midday and we were told that a rider was getting medevaced out of Poop Chute- and that rangers were there handing out tickets. Also heard that rangers were talking to riders off Empire Grade near the entrance to the postal trail.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,468 Posts
Yet another stellar day in Santa Cruz. Perfect dirt and weather in June: Crazy. But there were sirens midday and we were told that a rider was getting medevaced out of Poop Chute- and that rangers were there handing out tickets. Also heard that rangers were talking to riders off Empire Grade near the entrance to the postal trail.
Confirmed. Major accident and rangers walked the major trails to issue tickets

·
Registered
676 Posts
We passed a down rider with a group on sweet and they said they had someone getting help. The rider was in good spirits and awake and talking. Not sure if this was the same guy? Didn't see any rangers.

ALLTIME dirt today!!!!! The fog was a blessing. Great day.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,468 Posts
We passed a down rider with a group on sweet and they said they had someone getting help. The rider was in good spirits and awake and talking. Not sure if this was the same guy? Didn't see any rangers.

ALLTIME dirt today!!!!! The fog was a blessing. Great day.
Where did it happen and what was the injury? Sounds like this was the trigger that launched the big rescue effort and huge ticketing campaign.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sweetness. Maybe halfway down. He was with a group. We thought maybe shoulder injury but since they had him laying down I assume it was a leg? He was in good spirits and didn't seem to been in "too" much pain? We did two more drops by MC and out onto 9 and didn't see any rangers.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Flow trail was pretty nice today. At the top of Flow around 1:30, hardly anybody out there.
Parking lot and street parking were jam packed at 9am. Looked like a mtb race/fest. Apparently everyone knows Demo is prime these days, and today's weather was perfect!

Fortunately, trails not crowded at all.

Did see three Cal Fire emergency vehicles open gate and roll up Hihn's with sirens and lights around 12:30. And heard helicopter soon thereafter - but helicopter could have been random, and didn't see anyone come out with two bikes. So, hopefully wasn't biker related.

Ride was awesome. Especially since just upgraded fork, brakes (true one finger finally), pedals, and bottom bracket (to threaded) on Fri.

·
More pie please
2,009 Posts
06/01/2019 Henry W. Coe State Park

9:30am on Steer Ridge, clear sky:

Noon at Coit Lake, clouds forming:

Three in the afternoon at the Willson Field radio antenna, a thunderstorm coming this way! Time to get moving.

I could hear the thunder but didn't see any lightening. I was sprinkled on but never drenched. (Coit Lake is lower left.)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.