Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Rode some trails above UC today and conditions were great. Roots were a bit slippery.
Someone dropped MANY trees along about 300 feet of said trail. Brutal!! Must have taken hours to do. We tried to clear as much as we could but its a mess. Most of the trees were small 4 to 6 inch.
Always walk your dog on a leash.....

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rode some trails above UC today and conditions were great. Roots were a bit slippery.
Someone dropped MANY trees along about 300 feet of said trail. Brutal!! Must have taken hours to do. We tried to clear as much as we could but its a mess. Most of the trees were small 4 to 6 inch.
At the top? Neighbors are getting eggy. Don't park there if shuttling and small groups only please.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Exact same thing happened last year as well on the same trail- my buddies and cleared most of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Rode UC today, and was actually surprised at how good conditions were. Rode new features that I randomly stumbled upon. Gracias to whoever's work it was. Also had an interesting occurrence last week, some ranger danger on a certain szleepy jump trail I ride all the time. Two rangers were walking up and caught me mid double. I was told that I couldn't be ticketed there, but if I was lower down the mountain he would of ticketed me and this interaction was my warning. They weren't looking for mountain bikers specifically at the time though.

Natural environment Plant Leaf Plant community Soil

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sometimes I travel to other countries for work:

Yellow Text Colorfulness Line Font

Sometimes I rent bikes (first time on e-bike)

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part

Sometimes (a lot), I get lost looking for trails, but I find cool bridges:

Road Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Thoroughfare

Sometimes I eventually find trails and wonder how to piece them together:

Vegetation Natural environment Plant community Forest Trail

Sometimes I end up on roads, and that's okay ... sometimes...

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Sometimes I see people working and I hope they get to mountain bike too

Grass Natural environment Agricultural machinery Farm Agriculture

Sometimes I find what I am looking for ... actually what we all are looking for ...

Vegetation Plant community Nature reserve Forest Soil

Sometimes it makes me smile ... a lot!

Vegetation Nature Natural environment Plant community Leaf

Sometimes I smile so hard my teeth hurt ...

Vegetation Natural environment Road Plant community Leaf

Sometimes in Europe you see old castles overlooking picturesque valleys. You learn that sometimes that is not so uncommon for those outside the US ...

Highland Land lot Rural area Hill station Hill

Sometimes the trail signage is too good to be true and it even tells you when the fun is over. Sometimes it's not true, fortunately :)

Vegetation Text Plant community Nature reserve Sign

Plant Plant community Traffic sign Nature reserve Soil

As I said, sometimes the signage lies ...

Bicycle handlebar Bicycle accessory Bicycle Plant community Electronic device

Sometimes the local food is a bit corny, but still delicious!

Soil Bottle Plastic bottle Nail Water bottle

Sometimes I drink a beer after my ride and not worry about a DUI because I am walking 200 feet back to my hotel from where I rented the bike:

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle accessory Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle saddle

Sometimes I jump in a bath and drink more beer:

Fluid Property Plumbing fixture Bathtub Plumbing

And that makes me think, even though my life isn't perfect. I should be thankful ...

All the time ...

·
Up In Smoke
Dirt Roadë
3,281 Posts
Fort Ord was fast and grippy last night. Looks like the rain is hitting about 11am today so seize the opportunity if you can

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
Sometimes I travel to other countries for work:

View attachment 1251789

Sometimes I rent bikes (first time on e-bike)

View attachment 1251790

Sometimes (a lot), I get l...
Beautiful post. How was the ebike? They gave you a shitty one but it's good for getting lost and exploring. I did a eride in Switzerland that climbed 16000 feet. Life changing. I'll usually throw one in my truck these days when on a road trip

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Beautiful post. How was the ebike? They gave you a shitty one but it's good for getting lost and exploring. I did a eride in Switzerland that climbed 16000 feet. Life changing. I'll usually throw one in my truck these days when on a road trip
It has positively changed my attitude on e-bikes. I could've done the ride I did analog but it would've been a grunt fest before the rain hit. Due to the extra power I was willing to keep exploring to the next loop and I was SO GLAD I did. Absolutely was mired in the goods for a few miles of twisty jumpy turning goodness. Maybe that is really their saving grace ... Giving you the gumption to see what's over the next hill you never had the gas to go to before ...

I had no idea Basel has such bad ass trails. They are keeping them on the DL, and maybe rightly so. They are as good as I have ridden anywhere in the world including bike parks.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.