Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to hear how the 2.4 and 2.6 Rekons compare as a rear tire (27.5). I've got a 2.6 DC Rekon sitting in my garage for when my stock 2.6 3C Rekon is done, but I've been thinking I should have bought the 2.4 instead.

Front tire is 2.6 DHF 3C, although I am thinking of switching to 2.5 when I wear it down. Rims are i30. Bike is 140mm rear travel, XL trail bike, recent model. Geared I am 207 lbs. Riding conditions are almost always dry, moondust over hard, Norcal. Riding style is not quite aggressive enough for me to think I need an Aggressor, but I have thought about it, and I do ride challenging terrain. I don't race.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not totally helpful, but I've run both 2.4 and 2.6 Rekons in the 29" size, both 3c/Exo. Those are actually fairly close in size; 2.4 is a touch oversized and 2.6 a touch under, at least on 29mm ID rims. With the 29s, the 2.6 is actually a bit lighter than the 2.4, and the casing feels a bit flimsier. 2.4 would be my pick for a rear tire, but if you already have a 2.6 it probably won't be too much different. If it's like the 29er it's not heavier, at least.

I actually killed my 2.4 Rekon tire after only a couple rides, in an odd way: I seem to have partially ripped off a shoulder knob, which left a big hole/tear under it. Never done that before. Hoping it was just a freak event, as I really like the tire as a rear for summer conditions. Planning to replace with another 2.4/Exo and hope for the best...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.