Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around for a thinner 650b tyre to put in the back of my monstercrosser and stumbled on these.
The tread pattern looks almost identical to the Ikons from Maxxis

1547967_500427883408066_1106037093_o.jpg

They don't seem to be on any Maxxis site but can be found on ebay and a few online shops.
What's going on? Anyone got a bit more info, weights etc?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks a lot like the new Ardent Race.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seeing as they were cheap I bought one to try out. Turns out it's really tiny.

I mounted it up on a Sun Ringle Inferno 27 at ~40psi.
The rim profile is like so.
inferno.png
The tyre measured up at 46mm width for both casing and knobs and the diameter was ~683mm. Has to be one of the smallest knobby 650b tyres

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally forgot that; just went and weighed it now. Came in at 640g.
Seems rather a lot for that tiny of a tyre but the sidewalls do feel pretty sturdy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maxxis Pace

Totally forgot that; just went and weighed it now. Came in at 640g.
Seems rather a lot for that tiny of a tyre but the sidewalls do feel pretty sturdy.
I ordered one tyre to try it out. On my scale premium 26'', the rear continental race king 27.5 2,2 is touching the sidewalls. It's 55 mm, so if the Pace is 45 mm I think it'll be okay.
What do you think ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you, I will wait untill it comes and tell if it fits.
Are there any other 27.5 tyres that are the same width as the Pace ?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Seeing as they were cheap I bought one to try out. Turns out it's really tiny.

I mounted it up on a Sun Ringle Inferno 27 at ~40psi.
The rim profile is like so.
View attachment 880014
The tyre measured up at 46mm width for both casing and knobs and the diameter was ~683mm. Has to be one of the smallest knobby 650b tyres
Which is about right (slightly small) for a 1.95" tire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to raise an old thread, but I wanted to ask those who have tried this Maxxis Pace 27.5 x 1.95 tire a question. Any attempt or success to run tubeless? From the research I gathered it's not officially tubeless ready, Maxxis USA told me they have no information on this tire since it's a non US market tire, but would normally have 'TR' stamped on the sidewall if it was TR ready.

Thanks for your time.

-Terry

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They aren't marked TR but I didn't have too much trouble running them tubeless. Behaved pretty much like most other non tubeless tires I've run tubeless. Little bit of messing to set up and weeped a bit through the sidewall, will depend on the rim as well I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts