Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The grips are orange :)

Anyways, contacted Maxxis and this was what they told me:

"It was a running change and any tires being manufactured now will be a consistent size. You just happen to have received a tire from pre-change and one from post-change."

·
Registered
542 Posts
The grips are orange :)

Anyways, contacted Maxxis and this was what they told me:

"It was a running change and any tires being manufactured now will be a consistent size. You just happen to have received a tire from pre-change and one from post-change."
Did they offer to swap? That would drive me nuts too.

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
So they're going to put the huge logos on everything going forward. Christ. Who is the marketing genius who decided that?

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts
now I wish they were counterfeit. not bigger maxxis logos! that can force me to switch or sand it off completely.

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
Think about this - They wouldn't dare to put huge yellow billboards on their car or truck tires, it would be market suicide. Yet they're doing it to mountain bikers. And we pay almost as much as a car tire that has like 15x more materials in it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just got tricked by this too on a plus sized DHR II I ordered to match the large logos on a plus sized DHF. I assumed the larger logos were a feature on newer tires but contacting maxxis revealed I had it backwards. When the plus sized offerings were initially released in 2017 they came with the larger logos. Maxxis later moved away from this at some point around 2019 and the current production plus sized tires have the standard sized logos. I asked if there was any part number change to distinguish between the large/small logos but there is not. You basically have to get lucky and find new old stock somewhere if you want the larger logos

41 - 54 of 54 Posts