Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
maxxis 2.8 tires utilize a large logo. I'd email maxxis about your rear tire. I've never seen a + tire from maxxis that doesn't have the large logo like your front tire. They may be in the middle of a switch over with regards to logo size on their + lineup but only they will be able to tell you that.

TLDR: 2.6 and lower utilize the standard, smaller sized maxxis logo, 2.8+ utilize the larger logo. Something strange is afoot here.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts
sandpaper takes logos off easy, and if you don't dig in too hard, tire is not harmed at all

·
Registered
178 Posts
i had the same, bought a dhf 2.8 and has the smaller logo, came inan maxxis bag with tags, rekon 2.8 has large logo, came in same bag and tags

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
Fake? No. You know how expensive it would be to make fake mountain bike tires? And if you have the facility capable of doing it, you're already rich, you wouldn't bother.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts
Fake? No. You know how expensive it would be to make fake mountain bike tires? And if you have the facility capable of doing it, you're already rich, you wouldn't bother.
Umm, tires worldwide for any type of wheel are huge counterfeit operations. to make one look and smell identical to real is: one stolen mold that is copied, and cheap as hell rubber..oh my god there is so much counterfeit everything out there...and with bike tires going 100+ per unit, damn right some seedy characters are selling junk

·
West Chester, PA
4,946 Posts
Umm, tires worldwide for any type of wheel are huge counterfeit operations. to make one look and smell identical to real is: one stolen mold that is copied, and cheap as hell rubber..oh my god there is so much counterfeit everything out there...and with bike tires going 100+ per unit, damn right some seedy characters are selling junk
Show me actual evidence of any fake mountain bike tire.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts
Show me actual evidence of any fake mountain bike tire.
no, you show me exactly how OP's tires are 100% real. pretty sure they are fine but don' be thinking a ton of things are not counterfeited constantly

·
Not a role model
1,312 Posts
no, you show me exactly how OP's tires are 100% real. pretty sure they are fine but don' be thinking a ton of things are not counterfeited constantly
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

You're asking him to do something virtually impossible, as he's not the OP/owner of the tires. Anyone calling it fake is jumping to conclusions without evidence. He has already given some reasons why he believes that they're unlikely to be fake, such as it being expensive to copy things to such a degree.

Hearing them come in a bag is new to me. I know Amazon bags some their products if they need to be protected from a dirty warehouse environment (e.g. fabrics, baby toys), but generally I've been getting the ones in nothing but the plastic retail hangtag thingee (when ordering from Jenson and Arts).

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
I think the real concern here is the green pedals.
My OCD will have trouble with this too.

I have my doubts with Amazon tires and will never buy tires there again.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
241 Posts
sandpaper takes logos off easy, and if you don't dig in too hard, tire is not harmed at all
Not sure I would use sand paper on a tire sidewall but each to their own.

FWIW - you can remove the Maxxis logo with a dry shop towel and a little elbow grease. It'll peel right off... Much easier to do with tire installed and inflated.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

You're asking him to do something virtually impossible, as he's not the OP/owner of the tires. Anyone calling it fake is jumping to conclusions without evidence. He has already given some reasons why he believes that they're unlikely to be fake, such as it being expensive to copy things to such a degree.

Hearing them come in a bag is new to me. I know Amazon bags some their products if they need to be protected from a dirty warehouse environment (e.g. fabrics, baby toys), but generally I've been getting the ones in nothing but the plastic retail hangtag thingee (when ordering from Jenson and Arts).
The Maxxis "+" tires I've bought come in a net-like bag.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,199 Posts

no, you are backwards and upside down on this

it is quite easy to ask Maxxis: hey are these your tires ? how do I tell ?
vs Hey is anyone counterfeiting your tires ? One of these can be answered with certainty, the other is an unknown.

·
Registered
153 Posts
And when you email them can you please tell them to fire whatever genius in marketing that thought a giant gaudy yellow logo would be a good way to get brand recognition?

·
Registered
882 Posts
WOW. Didn't think anyone would bite on my little joke about fake tyres lol

To the pedantic OP just get a big black marker and black out the logo then go ride. Hope you haven't missed any riding because of this? If so, give yourself an uppercut and get out of the house ;-)

21 - 40 of 54 Posts