Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed a DHF and DHR II on my bike and the logo for the DHF is much larger than the DHR? Now the DHF is 3C max terra and the the DHR isn’t, is that the difference??

Not sure my ocd can let this go haha

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
226 Posts
If your that worried how about you line up the valves in the middle of the maxxis logo too.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Front tire looks like a fake. And besides, the fugly Maxxis logos should be Sharpied out if you have one iota of ocd.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,424 Posts
Something is whack. I just mounted the same tires. Same size logos.

Totally bizarre but before I read this thread I had just googled oil based sharpie pens. Lmao.

·
Not a role model
1,312 Posts
Why are the font scales different in the first place? Is the front a 3.0 and the rear a 2.6?

Might be good for the types of people who actually like the extra attention. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m actually thinking the rear is the fake? It just came in a box from amazon, no tags or anything. The DHF came with tags and a maxxis bag etc... they are both 27.5x2.80 size

·
Registered
788 Posts
It could be an OEM version, not retail, hence the differences in font size and packaging. Although OEM Maxxis usually come with all white logos.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Just installed a DHF and DHR II on my bike and the logo for the DHF is much larger than the DHR? Now the DHF is 3C max terra and the the DHR isn’t, is that the difference??

Not sure my ocd can let this go haha

Anyone else experience this?
Can't see them when you're riding.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,424 Posts
I’m actually thinking the rear is the fake? It just came in a box from amazon, no tags or anything. The DHF came with tags and a maxxis bag etc... they are both 27.5x2.80 size
That may be correct. I believe the plus size tires have a larger logo. I have never owned them but I have noticed that in videos for plus size tired bikes.

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,424 Posts
My OCD prevents me from buying Maxxis tires altogether because of those ugly yellow logos. No joke.
I try to view them as a badge of honour. Kinda like battle scars.

I did my best to try to scoop some OEM ones a couple of weeks ago. No dice. I went for those yellow basturds anyway. I like them THAT much.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts