Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Howdy...

Question time I am after people opinions and thoughts on Maxxis's Larsen TT tyres...

The tyrers will be Maxxis's eXCeption 62a compound and used for XC/Enduro race use on my Hardtail. I was just wondering what the tyres were like on Hardpack to Dusty hardpack?

I am also debating on what size to go; I understand they are pretty big Volume, is there much of a size difference between the 1.9" and the 2.0" (any one got compairing pictures? I'm having clearance issues with my frame at the moment )... The weight difference is about 50g per end. (I'm a weight weenie :rolleyes: )

Another Question... Has anyone used the Maxxis HighRoller (XC Version), in compairable conditions? An Aussie (where I'm from :D ) site has the 2.1" eXCeption's really cheap at the moment.

Thanx for any help you can give.
-Cul

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
CulBaire said:
Howdy, Howdy...

Question time I am after people opinions and thoughts on Maxxis's Larsen TT tyres...

The tyrers will be Maxxis's eXCeption 62a compound and used for XC/Enduro race use on my Hardtail. I was just wondering what the tyres were like on Hardpack to Dusty hardpack?

I am also debating on what size to go; I understand they are pretty big Volume, is there much of a size difference between the 1.9" and the 2.0" (any one got compairing pictures? I'm having clearance issues with my frame at the moment )... The weight difference is about 50g per end. (I'm a weight weenie :rolleyes: )

Another Question... Has anyone used the Maxxis HighRoller (XC Version), in compairable conditions? An Aussie (where I'm from :D ) site has the 2.1" eXCeption's really cheap at the moment.

Thanx for any help you can give.
-Cul
Not sure if this wil be much help but here is my experience.

I used the 2.35 60a on the rear of my Joker for a summer when it was really dry. The tire rolled well and had amazing grip for the realitively low tread. It even worked marginly well in the wet. Where I noticed a weakness was in high speed braking and cornering.

The high roller is a good tire that corners better than the TT and offers a little more tread depth and rolling resistance. I have used the larger high rollers in all conditions and had good performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts