Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got 2 larsen 1.9 tires. One weighed 377g and the other weighed 365g, they're claimed at 375g pretty good! :thumbsup: Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures on the scale.
They are TINY, pretty sure I saw bigger cyclocross tires a couple weeks ago. I was warned that these tires were small, but I didn't think that they'd be that much smaller than the 2.0.

Today was my first ride/race on them, probably not a good idea but whatever.. Anyways, at first they felt a little sketchy, probably because I went from a 2.0 larsen in the back and a 2.1 crossmark up front to these. After about a lap I started getting used to them, once I was used to them they were AWESOME! My bike accelerated so fast, and it sliced through the mud with no problems. I was expecting a rougher ride, but I didn't notice it at all. They didn't grip quite as well as my previous combo, but I lost over 400g so it was worth it.:cool:

So far I'm pretty happy with them, other than it taking 2 days to completely seal. I would definitely recommend them. (oh and they were 60$ shipped!)

With the tires, new stem, bar and rotor; the bathroom (piece of junk) scale said 18lbs! Before it said 21lbs and that is really what it weighed, so it should be around 18 or 19 lbs. I will post pictures of the tires and the bike on the scale in a few days after I get my new RD and switch it to 1x9.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@bikerboyj17
I got them from Blueskycycling.com . They are the 26x1.9 62a.
Oh and I just checked, they're cheaper now, 52.16$ shipped, now.

@rockyuphill
I ran 30psi, and I didn't hit rim or anything. Oh and I'm running these on ZTR Olympics.

·
Registered
762 Posts
yup yup, i got those tires also, from blue sky
awesome tire at an awesome price
true, they are small, but they do corner well, and you cant find a lighter tire with tread

by the way, i run them backwards, ramps facing the rear
they work better on steep technical climbs that way

watch out, i did slice a sidewall on one though

·
Registered
454 Posts
Off Topic:

I'm trying to decide which tires to go with for racing in the midwest... I like the idea of these Larsen TT 1.9 and the Kenda Karma 2.0. I can get the TT cheaper, but which tire performs better?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I went from the maxxlite 310's to the larsen 1.9 exceptions (depending on what and where I am riding), and especially on looser terrain, I have much more confidence when cornering with the larsen 1.9's.

·
Registered
762 Posts
bikerboyj17 said:
I'm trying to decide which tires to go with for racing in the midwest... I like the idea of these Larsen TT 1.9 and the Kenda Karma 2.0. I can get the TT cheaper, but which tire performs better?

Thanks
i have run both the larsen tt and the karma 2.0, both as a rear tire
while i can say nothing but good things about the karma, being a weight weenie, ill always go for the lightest part, as long as it performs to my liking.
the karma offers more bump compliance, due to its larger volume and probably better traction on tech. climbs as well, for the same reason
however, the larsen is on the average, 90 grams lighter and to me, that, in of itself, is a major bonus.
i have found that very few folks would run such a small tire because of the amount of p.s.i necessary to run in them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.