Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or are the Ignitors the biggest gravel/sand throwing sons of b!tches available. I have ridden mine about 10 times now, and everytime I end up with my baggies full of sand. I can body womp 6' shorebreak and end up with way less sand down my a$$ than I did today. :mad:

It doesn't help that I usually ride bareback.

Otherwise, the tires are killer.

·
climb
2,293 Posts
For full-suspension, I like the Ignitors better than the Exis... Especially in gravel, rock, loose, sketchy terrain. If they had a 2.4 version, I would have them on the single speed, and the exi's up for sale. I know that's hard to believe, but I like the Exis more for the volume... These are the 2 best tires I've ridden to date....

I'm thinking about shin guards just to deflect the rocks :)....

·
Registered
845 Posts
The first time I rode mine I couldn't figure out what the hell was falling out of the trees on my head and all of that pinging noise coming from my down tube. They still rock though! Just picked up some Specialized tires today. They look similar to the Ignitors to me.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Guitar Ted said:
I ran an Exi up front and an Ignitor out back and the Exi threw up so much dirt and gravel bits that I didn't dare ride without eye protection. Great tires, both of them, though!
Ditto. The Exi throws way more shrapnel than the Ignitor. I also just scored a pair of the Speshys. Will be running Ignitor front and Speshy rear on both the FS and SS. Looks like a fast combo.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Strange...

Thats strange... I don't get that effect with the Exi's. Maybe its because of the trails where I ride... ???

I've never felt or heard any stones being thrown up. My usual trails are hardpack with a covering of sand/dirt/rocks/pebbles...the usual stuff. It's very dry here in AU right now because we are in the middle of a HOT summer. The Exi's do deposit some dust on the frame, but no more that other tires I have run. Never get any rocks though..

R.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.