Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the two sets mentioned in the thread title, not really being sure which to try first. Now, after reading some more reviews, I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to run one brand up front and one brand on the rear?

The Ignitor has a bit more aggressive pattern (the knobs are deeper, esp on the sides). I think from a couple other reviews/posts I saw, I want to say that the rear Ignitor + front Saguro might be the right combo. But I have no idea, so checking in with you guys. Thoughts?

Thanks,
V

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Relevant details: I would guess that I ride mostly hardpack and loose over hard, and most rides have a fair amount of climbing. More fast riding than technical.

I have been running Kenda Small Block 8s on my 26" hardtail here in socal for the last couple years. They have suited me fairly well, just wanted to try something different.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Vancemac said:
I bought the two sets mentioned in the thread title, not really being sure which to try first. Now, after reading some more reviews, I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to run one brand up front and one brand on the rear?

The Ignitor has a bit more aggressive pattern (the knobs are deeper, esp on the sides). I think from a couple other reviews/posts I saw, I want to say that the rear Ignitor + front Saguro might be the right combo. But I have no idea, so checking in with you guys. Thoughts?

Thanks,
V
Ignitor front, Saguaro rear.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
shiggy said:
Ignitor front, Saguaro rear.
:thumbsup: 2nd vote for this set up

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. By the way, the Ignitor is 2.1 and the Saguaro 2.0.

What is the rationale for this? I believe you, just curious...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Vancemac said:
Interesting. By the way, the Ignitor is 2.1 and the Saguaro 2.0.

What is the rationale for this? I believe you, just curious...
Use the more aggressive tread on the front.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent. Just checked out your website... great stuff.

Will report back on Ignitor-Saguaro combo.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Initial impression is quite positive with this combo (rear Saguaro is in traction direction, fwiw). Very pleased with traction on climbs and in corners. To be fair, I am finally heeding advice here to run lower pressure, and I'm sure that is at least as significant as the new rubber.

Another bit of advice I should heed is on tire width. I rode a trail today that is much rockier than I have ridden before, and I think I would have benefited by something a bit meatier than the 2.1/2.0 combo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts