Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mudder
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a pair of Maxxis Ignitor tube specific tire setup up tubeless with stan's? and if so have you had any problems with flats and such? Also if anyone has an official weight on the 29x2.1" model feel free to post.

·
San Diego County
1,475 Posts
I have run Ignitiors tubeless on Stans Flows, Archs and Bontrager Mustang rims with no problems. Sorry I don't have the weight. They are light tires. I have 2 almost new Ignitors hanging in the garage as I prefer the Bontrager TLR XDX much more even though they are a little heavier.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have run both the original Ignitors and the newer, heavier Ignitors tubeless on Flows with no problems. The older Ignitors I had were about 525 grams whereas the newer ones I have are around 700ish grams. It's a shame as I had no issues with durability on the older ones.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I run ignitors tubeless on 355s. No problems what so ever and I the latest tire I purchased was 585gms. Great traction, light weight and very reliable.

·
Jam Econo
4,213 Posts
I have run Ignitors tubeless on Sun, Mavic, and Velocity rims. They haven't been the easiest to setup tubeless, but I found if I put them on an old rim w/ a tube overnight to give them shape, they air up quite easily. Once aired up they are very reliable, and Stan's seems to work quite effectively with Maxxis tires.
Mine have weighed from 565g to 625g.

·
a.k.a. BicycleKicks
1,138 Posts
I've run my standard Ignitor tubeless on a Bontrager Race X Lite wheel (Mustang rim I think) for a long time without a single problem. I don't recall the weight of the tire.

I might try one of the Bonty TLR tires next though.

·
Banned
5,661 Posts

·
Mudder
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you everyone! I was thinking an Ignitor front and a karma 1.9 rear would be a good combo for next year for rougher courses....

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm running crosmart rear and ignitor front on my bikes. (have 3 setups with this combo all tubeless / stans) Bontrager race lites and rythems with rim strips. Also a set of Arches with yellow tape.

For me at least the key to setup is: mount tires with tubes first let set over night... break down one side and remove tube... apply soap and water... air up with floor pump. Once you set the beads remove valve core and squirt in the stans.

Hope this helps,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.