Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of heavier/tougher trail tires, anyone have any experience with them?
They'd be going on F219 rims. The angled center knobs look like they'd roll better but
do you sacrifice any braking/climbing traction? Any advice and/or other recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I ran the 2.35 Highrollers on my Intense till they wore out and I sold my Intense. They were great tires and pretty tough too. I ran them on Rhyno Lites w/Stan's NoTubes. Never had a problem. I even did a XC race with them. Wasn't pleasant since the tires were alittle heavy but they were great.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
rglsr said:
Looking for a set of heavier/tougher trail tires, anyone have any experience with them?
They'd be going on F219 rims. The angled center knobs look like they'd roll better but
do you sacrifice any braking/climbing traction? Any advice and/or other recommendations appreciated.
I heard the rear tire didn't have the best traction because of the angled knobs, but brakes like an anchor. They're spec'ed on my next bike so I may flip the rear tire to get better traction/climbing. I rely more on the front wheel for breaking anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts