Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get much info about the above mentioned tyres and would appreciate your experience about these tyres such as it's grip, durability, performance in mud, road, gravel etc.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
9W6VX said:
I can't seem to get much info about the above mentioned tyres and would appreciate your experience about these tyres such as it's grip, durability, performance in mud, road, gravel etc.

Thanks.
Ignitor: I have a ride or two on one (front mounted). All on dry trail, hardpack to loose, some rock. Rode well. Good grip and braking. Washed out hard in one sandy corner. Specs on my Site.

Explorer Supersonic: Race tire. Wears quickly. Less flat resistance than the Pro version. Otherwise performs the same.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shiggy©®™ said:
Ignitor: I have a ride or two on one (front mounted). All on dry trail, hardpack to loose, some rock. Rode well. Good grip and braking. Washed out hard in one sandy corner. Specs on my Site.

Explorer Supersonic: Race tire. Wears quickly. Less flat resistance than the Pro version. Otherwise performs the same.
Any info or experience/feedback on the Maxxis Flyweight 330's?

Thanks. Will check out your website later.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are correct mate.

The Flyweight 330's puncture easily, the casing seems too soft but they roll superbly and are very light. Use a flyweight tube of about 100grams and the total weight per wheel is only 330+100grams=430 grams.

Very sweet!

Unfortunately I fel that the negatives outweighed its positive attributes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.