Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
17,647 Posts
Not much info on the 27 and I'd be pretty surprised if someone here has one. Just doesn't seem like there are many out there being ridden...
Agreed. QBP has had 2 in inventory this whole year. I jumped when I got the email that they'd landed but someone pulled the trigger faster than I.

That said, I freaking love the Barbe's for summer fat use. Light, fast, supple, and big. Colossus would have to be something really, incredibly special to top it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not quite sure what measurement you are looking for, but a 27.5x4.5 Colossus on an 86mm ID rim was 30.875" tall and one weighed 1,515g and the other weighed 1,520g (this was the only measurements I made note of). My wife's aunt purchased a Giant Yukon 2 and I pulled off a new set of the 27.5x4.5 Colossus and put on 27.5x4.5 Barbs for her to reduce rolling mass during the non-snow season. I hope this kind of helps.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barb's barely fit my frame and I'm wondering if these would have more or less clearance.

I would agree though that they are a great tire and I (probably) have no reason to change. The exo sidewall of the Colossus is probably the primary driver, but I haven't had any issues considering the type of riding I do on my fat bike (gravel primarily with some snow in the winter).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.