Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a set of Maxxis ADvantage 2.4's F&R to lighten the load a little over 2.35 minions (1.125kg each) on my trailbike.

Has anyone got a real world weight on them? Seems Maxxis is a little shy about publishing a weight yet on their website.....maybe they're not so light?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I always wondered what the weight on those were. I've got a set on my bike and like them so far. I've ridden them for close to 250 miles and they've held up great and I'm pretty hard on my stuff too. So far, they seem to be a pretty durable tire. They've got pretty good grip and you can have lower air pressure run in them also as long as you have a wider rim so they don't roll off.

Shiggy, what do you think of them?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Good tire

Mine weighs 881g has good grip on soft trails but it squirmed under 32 psi and slipped on dust covered rock and hardpack over 32 psi, The pressure range on the tire is 35 to 65 psi which is way out of the range I like to use with a tire that size.. Its more like 2.25 to 2.3 but a very tall tire. One weird thing I found was that as a front it throws sand right up under my glasses so I only run it as a back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.