Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ride them lately how are they? I haven been on ether since last year. Wondering what conditions are like now.

·
slow
7,472 Posts
Shoreline has taken a beating this spring. On Wednesday morning, there were still a couple of mud holes, but most of it was dry. It has eroded some. Maxwell has also had a lot of damage behind the stadium, but was great from the Prospect trail head. I have not ridden either since the massive downpour on Wednesday evening and the overnight rain last night, so could not give an up to the minute report..

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx i figured it was that way. Im kind of bored today and i don't feel like road riding. And i need something new im sick of going over to blue sky. I haven't been on the mountain bike in a weak. Dam looks like its going to rain agen i can hear thunder. O well guess im not riding today.

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
FWIW, I can't remember the last time the gate was open on Timber over in Pineridge.

I think we're getting the payback for all the great conditions we had during the winter.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
onbelaydave said:
FWIW, I can't remember the last time the gate was open on Timber over in Pineridge.

I think we're getting the payback for all the great conditions we had during the winter.
Yea i think your right. Sad i live 10min from maxwell.

·
respect the wildlife
222 Posts
ditto - rode it last weekend and there is some damage and some slop. Not unrideable by any means but it's seen better days. Hard to believe they rerouted the trail so recently and already it's eroded so much.

·
flowcus
153 Posts
I rode HTMP today to avoid the muck down low. Stayed off the valley trails and it was actually pretty nice and tacky - until I got caught in a shower up on Carey Springs. Was able to get off the mountain with only a medium coating of spackle.

·
respect the wildlife
222 Posts
Are they still keeping lower Spring Creek closed to bikers at HTMP this year? I was very disappointed to hear that from the ranger last summer. Wathan to Spring Creek was money. Wathan to fire road, not quite as good.

·
flowcus
153 Posts
Spring Creek is open to bikes according to this map. Horsetooth Falls trail, which some have referred to as lower SC trail was closed in 2006 to bikes. Horsetooth Rock Trail, easily the most technical trail on the mountain, was also closed to bikes that year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts