Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how to tell if your wheels will be compatible with a 20mm axle-

I am looking to buy a new fork, but I have shimano hb m756 hubs on my wheels and I'm not sure if they will be compatible with a maxle fork.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
No an M756...

hub will not be compatable with a Maxel. The RS Maxel is a 20mm through axel system. It requires a 20mm through axel hub. The M756 is a quick release hub and there is no way to convert the 756 to through axel. You will need a new wheel with a 20mm hub or at the very least a new 20mm hub laced to your current rim. The picture below is a Shimano HB-M775 hub it is a 20mm thru axel hub. You'll note the larger openings on either side of the hub, that's the opening that the thru axel fits through. Much larger than on your 756. It should also be noted that the hub pictured is designed for the Shimano Center Lock type disc rotors. Your 756 is a 5 bolt hub. If you are using disc brakes, which I assume that you are, you'd need to find a hub compatable with 5 bolt rotors, or use centerlock to 5 bolt adapter on this particular hub.

The bottom line is, your current hub isn't gonna work with a Maxel equiped fork.

Good Dirt

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.