Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,I recently bought a 2005 Jamis Komodo FX 2.0. I love the bike and have been using it for downhill but I'm not thrilled with the fork. There isn't much available in 150mm so I'm curious if anyone knows what is the maximum fork length the Komodo is cleared to use. I noticed the geometry is nearly identical to the Vagrant that everyone around here loves. I'd like to install a 160mm fork but I have toyed with the idea of using a 180mm. I use this bike mostly for lighter downhill and freeride. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
dascro said:
Hey all,I recently bought a 2005 Jamis Komodo FX 2.0. I love the bike and have been using it for downhill but I'm not thrilled with the fork. There isn't much available in 150mm so I'm curious if anyone knows what is the maximum fork length the Komodo is cleared to use. I noticed the geometry is nearly identical to the Vagrant that everyone around here loves. I'd like to install a 160mm fork but I have toyed with the idea of using a 180mm. I use this bike mostly for lighter downhill and freeride. Thanks!
A Marzocchi 55 or Fox 36 Vanilla would suit that frame quite nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.