Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Well Biked
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how big you can go? I have 2.7 Highroller on there right now that fits fine, but they don't run as big as some others. Would some of the bigger Michelins, or 2.7 Nevegals fit?

I'm ordering tires soon, so if you know please add to the thread. And yes they will be Dual ply Dh tires!:thumbsup:

peace,
Scep

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
I think the largest tire that anyone has fit is the 2.8 michelin. Search around on this site and you can probably get some validation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm running a 2.7 Mobster (which in reality is a 2.4?) with plenty of clearence. Marz claims that you can fit a 2.8 for the 06 and 07 casting. I imagine it's a tight fit though.

·
Well Biked
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jayem said:
I think the largest tire that anyone has fit is the 2.8 michelin. Search around on this site and you can probably get some validation.
Yes, that's the tire in question. the Comp 32 2.8

Thanks!

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
I have fit a 2.7 kenda blue groove, which is a HUGE tire. Warning: Once while using said tire, I crashed hard, knocking my wheel out of true. By the time I had gotten back down the hill, the knobs had worn a groove in the arch. I don't recommend using that big a tire.

·
Team Sanchez
4,369 Posts
I run a 2.7 Nevy on a Mavic 729 rim for Shuttle runs, and it fits fine. The 2.8 Michelin that I have also fits fine, but you wouldn't want to run anything larger.

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
Renegade said:
I have fit a 2.7 kenda blue groove, which is a HUGE tire. Warning: Once while using said tire, I crashed hard, knocking my wheel out of true. By the time I had gotten back down the hill, the knobs had worn a groove in the arch. I don't recommend using that big a tire.
your lack of riding and maintenance skill should not deter others from using a bigger tire. :p

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
SSINGA said:
your lack of riding and maintenance skill should not deter others from using a bigger tire. :p
Bite me! It was bad enough that I crashed on wet roots, but then insult was added to injury when another rider ran me over! And now you diss my skills? :incazzato:
Besides, oversized tires are for folks with lesser skills; I now run 2.3's for dh riding. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts