Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up some moutain kings 2.4 for my F4 frame. Has anyone run 2.3 or larger tires on a a furio HT? Im running a NOS ESP 7.0 FD as well. thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
Hmmm......that's cutting it close. The largest I ran on my Furio F600 was 2.3- and it had this annoying rub, until the tire wore down some. Why so fat a tire?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the Contis Mountain kings run a bit odd in terms of size. 2.2 and 2.4. My local C'dale dealer suggested the 2.4 but it wasn't until I got home I started to think about the FD potentially rubbing the tire. So yours rubbed the frame not the FD? I can swap out for 2.2s if I have too but I was really looking to add a bit of comfort to the F4.

JR

·
Super Moderator
6,784 Posts
You can get comfort from a 2.1 tire, if the pressure is correct. For the best of all worlds- run 2.1 tubeless at 32psi.....guaranteed clearance, no flats, traction, and very cushy......without the extra weight. Ususally, riding a hardtail and the word comfort- is not easily intertwined. After accepting this fact, I realized a FS bike and the added weight was impractical. Now, comfort comes from my own legs.

I wouldn't know about FD rub- my Furio was running 1x9...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually for comfort I turn to my Rush. I generally only ride the HT on days when I anticipate leaving the bike locked up on my rack when at work. I had been contemplating trying a wider tire for a while now, looks like I'll go for the 2.2s and call it a day. Thanks for the input.

JR

·
Registered
105 Posts
I run Panaracer's Rampage 2.35 front and back and I feel like there is plenty of room. I run them both at 30psi. I would definately recommend them. very comfortable, they roll very well. I think they make a great large volume trail tire.
oh, by the way, this is for a 06 f600 (furio)
hope it helps.
greenhill.

·
Ridin' dirty!
2,208 Posts
Don't worry about the clearance....
The 2.4 MK tubeless tires are more like a 2.1 anyways.
Not true to size at all.....

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the intel on the 2.4s, if they are on the small side makes me wonder about the 2.1s I was planning on for my rush.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts