Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a size L 2nd gen Bronson C S, which comes with a 150mm RockShox reverb dropper. I find that it does not go low enough for descending and high enough for climbing. I am 6' tall. It looks like about 175mm would be perfect, as I have the seatpost about an inch above max insertion, and I would like to have it all the way down.

Does anyone know what will fit (in terms of depth into the seat tube)?

It kind of baffles me that the bike came with such a short dropper, but I guess times are changing...

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a size L 2nd gen Bronson C S, which comes with a 150mm RockShox reverb dropper. I find that it does not go low enough for descending and high enough for climbing. I am 6' tall. It looks like about 175mm would be perfect, as I have the seatpost about an inch above max insertion, and I would like to have it all the way down.

Does anyone know what will fit (in terms of depth into the seat tube)?

It kind of baffles me that the bike came with such a short dropper, but I guess times are changing...
1" - 25mm so sounds like it should be fine, but if you want to be 100% sure, the new One up lets you shim it, and it very short in total length. I do not think there is a published number, not many bother to give us such useful information :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1" - 25mm so sounds like it should be fine, but if you want to be 100% sure, the new One up lets you shim it, and it very short in total length. I do not think there is a published number, not many bother to give us such useful information :)
Yes, 175mm seems like the right length, but the question is, is there enough clearance depth inside the seat tube to be able to push a longer post all the way down? It *looks* like there is, as there is no obvious obstruction until you get all the way down to the front derailler attachment thingy.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yes, 175mm seems like the right length, but the question is, is there enough clearance depth inside the seat tube to be able to push a longer post all the way down? It *looks* like there is, as there is no obvious obstruction until you get all the way down to the front derailler attachment thingy.
The only sure way, is take a normal seatpost, and measure how far you can insert it, then make sure to take the attachment mechanism into account on the dropper (most include it).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.