Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still deciding between a 2008 Spot & RFX. The Spot will be perfect for 90% of the riding I do, and the RXF for the other 10%. I am thinking of getting the Spot and putting a slightly large fork on there, say 160mm to slacken it out a little bit. Can the Spot handle that size fork or will it void the warrenty?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,416 Posts
Double check with DT - although plenty of people put Fox 160mm talas forks on spots I thought it was a grey area. I do think you'll be amazed at how capable a Spot is with a Pike or Revelation and maxle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Spot w/ Talas 36

I ride an 05 Spot with Push rockers and a Talas 36 up front. The bike is amazing. I ride it with the fork at 130mm most of the time including laps on the slalom track. When trails justify the 160mm of travel it's great and the geometry is fine. I ride with three guys on RFX's and dont find myself wanting for anything. I think the Spot can handle alot more than people give it credit for. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
 

·
Surfin' da mountain
Joined
·
809 Posts
I ride an 07 SPOT front triangle with a HL rear and a Fox36 Talas. Most of the time I ride in the 130mm setting, but click to 160mm on trails like Porc Rim. Choose the 36 or 55 for this bike - don't limit yourself to 140mm (i.e. Fox32 and others).
 

·
Hisforever
Joined
·
1,867 Posts
I think a spot with a 36 would rock.

I highly recommend a deep skirt headset like a king steelset. The headtube is the weak point and can ovalize easier if a d.s headset is not used.
 

·
Ride and Smile
Joined
·
736 Posts
SHAHEEB said:
I think a spot with a 36 would rock.

I highly recommend a deep skirt headset like a king steelset. The headtube is the weak point and can ovalize easier if a d.s headset is not used.
I thought the king steel set was for a headtube that was already ovalized?
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top