Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
I dunno... I don't like the way mine rides with the fork at 160mm unless it's all DH, and even then something just isn't right. Something about the long top tube, and raised BB makes it feel a bit wonky. I think 180mm would be OTT. All the disadvantages of a slack/slow bike with a tall front end with none of the advantages (overbuilt frame, confidence-inspiring SS geo)

But... that's just me.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nooooooooo! You just got your TALAS and haven't even paid Dad back yet. Plus, you work at a resort and can take out a Stinky any time you want. Keep it as a trail bike and ride uphill once in a while (or just once).

I KNOW you have those SPD shoes somewhere.

·
Farva's #1
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geez guy. I was just a little curious. Those SPDs are staying in the closet for as long as possible.

misctwo - Let me know how the Totem goes once you get it dialed in. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
ColoradoCovert said:
Geez guy. I was just a little curious. Those SPDs are staying in the closet for as long as possible.

will do...just got the b/w covert today and the totem within the next couple days.

i heard 2step has travel issues but it might be a good thing...if travel loss is 15-20mm as i've heard, then all is well....as long as it holds air?

i'll be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Severum said:
How are you planning on riding it? Drops, jumps?

Do you have full intentions on running it at 180mm? I'll be honest, climbing is gonna blow at anything over 160mm.
Lift assisted riding, and hitting the local singletrack in 135 mode. Shuttling is now cost prohibitive and I never really enjoyed it.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
ColoradoCovert said:

I ran a 170mm 66 RC2X on mine for the duration of service. It felt good all around. I'd say, if you have really long legs, you may have issues as the longer the fork the slacker your seat tube and more difficult to get your saddle in the correct spot for the saddle/crank relationship.

_MK

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.