Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Both very good rims.

The DT is beefier than the XC717 Disc (same rim as the old X317).

Personally I would pick the DT because I like the guys in the Colorado Service Center.

·
The Top Cap Guy
952 Posts
I have a new wheelset that uses the DT D4.1d rims and I also used the DT tubeless conversion kit without issues. I've used Stans in the past and the DT kit air'ed right up with a floor pump and doesn't drop air over 2 weeks so far...

FF

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Gregzilla said:
Oh yeah, do they both work fine with Stan's No-Tubes? I've read that certain rims don't work as well as others.

Greg
DT has a Eclipse kit to convert their rim for use with UST tires. They do not recommend using it to run standard tires tubeless. I asked about it at Sea Otter.. ("Tell me about your tubeless kit.")

Do a search for my opinion on DIY tubeless.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
shiggy said:
DT has a Eclipse kit to convert their rim for use with UST tires. They do not recommend using it to run standard tires tubeless. I asked about it at Sea Otter.. ("Tell me about your tubeless kit.")

Do a search for my opinion on DIY tubeless.
Hey Shiggy or Fast Freddy,

So does the DT Swiss conversion kit enable to the rims to work with UST tires? If so, I did not know that and is the Eclipse kit mentioned above the same thing as the DT Swiss conversion kit or are there actually 2 different kinds??? Sorry for the dumb question.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
FoShizzle said:
Hey Shiggy or Fast Freddy,

So does the DT Swiss conversion kit enable to the rims to work with UST tires? If so, I did not know that and is the Eclipse kit mentioned above the same thing as the DT Swiss conversion kit or are there actually 2 different kinds??? Sorry for the dumb question.
DT Swiss has a rimstrip kit, made by Eclipse and designed specifically to fit their rims.

It converts the rim for use with UST tubeless tires. It comes with a sealant but I do not think it is needed for the tires to seal on the rim (puncture sealer). It is not recommended for converting standard tires to tubeless.

Eclipse makes other kits for DIY tubeless.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
shiggy said:
DT Swiss has a rimstrip kit, made by Eclipse and designed specifically to fit their rims.

It converts the rim for use with UST tubeless tires. It comes with a sealant but I do not think it is needed for the tires to seal on the rim (puncture sealer). It is not recommended for converting standard tires to tubeless.

Eclipse makes other kits for DIY tubeless.
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.