Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of mavic 819,I want to run these with tubes,I cant tell if theres a tubeless rim strip mounted.Can I just pull the tubeless value and run these with tubes....also if I decide to go tubeless do I have to use a sealant...
thx........:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Yes, pull the valve and you can use regular tubes.

If you use UST tires, you dont NEED sealant, but it is not a bad thing to use as it helps re-seal punctures......

69ERCAT said:
I picked up a set of mavic 819,I want to run these with tubes,I cant tell if theres a tubeless rim strip mounted.Can I just pull the tubeless value and run these with tubes....also if I decide to go tubeless do I have to use a sealant...
thx........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there a rim strip on my Bontrager Race lite tubeless rims? I tried mounting a tube and tire on those rims and the tire is not seating properly.

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
No. Use the soapy water, inflate to slightly above normal, then release some air so the tire and tube are flexible. You will then need to grab the tire and flex it. As you flex it nearly to 90 degrees, the bead will dislodge a bit and the tube's pressure will help put it out into place.

In fact, I did this just today on my gf's bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts