Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p Looking for opinions from anyone who owns either set. Strengths and Weakness. Is one better than the other when it comes down to it? The weights are only 30 grams in overal difference. Ehy would I choose the XL over the Enduro?
Thanks all.......

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the XL, and if I could do it over again I'd probably go with a Mavic 819 w/ XT or Chris King hub instead. Many people cite issues with the X-Max hubs being poorly sealed and requiring frequent service. I haven't had that problem yet (knock on wood). However, I have had problems with bending spokes on the rear wheel. Yesterday one of the spokes snapped. This could be a weakness of the 24-hole design as opposed to the 32-hole design of the 819.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
agblanco said:
:p Looking for opinions from anyone who owns either set. Strengths and Weakness. Is one better than the other when it comes down to it? The weights are only 30 grams in overal difference. Ehy would I choose the XL over the Enduro?
Thanks all.......
Between me and my friends, we've owned the new models of the SL, XL and Enduro. Nice looking wheels with lots of hype, but they have all since been sold for handbuilts like the other poster said. The freehubs have given us/them some issues, and spoke replacements are a biyatch/$$$$.

The options are less weight, as strong if not stronger and less money.
www.oddsandendos.com is one of the better places to get handbuilt wheels.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Jumping on the bandwagon

agblanco said:
Thanks all.......
I've owned a pair of XL's for about 6 months and although they look great and I have been pretty happy with the performance if I had a chance to do it over again I would just call Mike at oddsandends and have him build up a custom wheelset for me. They will be probably lighter, better performing, fully servicable (by anyone) and cost much less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.