Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Mavic Crossmax XL disc wheels and was hoping to put them on my new Bianchi CUSS. Am I able to do this with the Mavic hubs or do I have to get new hubs??? I'm new to biking and don't know too much about converting the wheels. I just wish I would've discovered SS before I bought a Giant NRS last winter, but at least I have a nice set of wheels to show for it.

Thanks for the help

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
No Problem

Just need a sikngle cog and some kind of spacers. I like the idea of the PVC spacers cause it costs like 18 cents, but you can make a set out of those little aluminum spacers from a few old casettes too.

I like Endless cogs or Surly. they seem nicely made, and the wide base will save wear and tear on your freehub body compared to using a single gear off an old cassette.

That wheel set will be cool on a Single Speed. I use them on two of my geared bikes, and I really like em.

·
Registered
77 Posts
eefulcher said:
I have a set of Mavic Crossmax XL disc wheels and was hoping to put them on my new Bianchi CUSS. Am I able to do this with the Mavic hubs or do I have to get new hubs??? I'm new to biking and don't know too much about converting the wheels. I just wish I would've discovered SS before I bought a Giant NRS last winter, but at least I have a nice set of wheels to show for it.

Thanks for the help
I have a set of XL's on my single speed. I am using a Surly cog with some old cassette spacers and it works like a charm.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.