Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking pretty hard at the new Mavic CrossMax SX wheelset.
Already run 2.5 Maxis Minion DH (2 ply, wire bead) tires and love them.

Is anyone running Mavic tubeless wheels and Maxxis DH tires with success?

If so, what tips/tricks could you please share?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm running Maxxis Minion DHF front and rear on my Crossmax SX wheels on my Nomad. I love the set up. The SX wheelset is my first go at tubeless. The tyres are nice and tacky but aren't showing any signs of wear in the first 50km i've put on them. 32psi front and rear, might need a little more in the rear. They grip well, feel excellent and were an easy transition from the DT FR6.1D wheelset with Conti Deisel tyres i had before. Obviously i havent' done a long term test but so far i've been happy with the new set up. I've got about half a bottle of the Hutchinson stuff in each tyre too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on this and a thead in the FR/DH forum I went for it.
I used the instructional video on Stan's website and followed it to a 'T' with the exception of not installing the rim strips, and colume of fluid used.
I mounted the tires, added one scoup of Stan's (recommended by LBS) and headed down to the gas station to use the vehicle tire air thing.
Things went w/o a hitch.
yay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.