Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
demc1982 said:
can any one tell me the difference between the 2007 and 2008 models of these wheelsets?

thanks in advance
Has far has I know there is no difference...

The SLR was upgraded with a new rim in 2009 I think, with machining to reduce weight a bit...

I had that rim put on my 2007 SLR rear wheel....

The rim had been overpressured to many times and it would not hold air due to a small crack around the valve stem, since no more 2007/8 rims were available they set me up with a 2009 rim.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lucky U!

jeffscott said:
Has far has I know there is no difference...

The SLR was upgraded with a new rim in 2009 I think, with machining to reduce weight a bit...

I had that rim put on my 2007 SLR rear wheel....

The rim had been overpressured to many times and it would not hold air due to a small crack around the valve stem, since no more 2007/8 rims were available they set me up with a 2009 rim.
I am looking at my valve stems (I have 07/08s). Is this a common issue? Should there be a technical bulletin or recall?

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
XCProphet said:
I am looking at my valve stems (I have 07/08s). Is this a common issue? Should there be a technical bulletin or recall?
Yes If you over pressure the rim, for example I have some 2.3 inch Nokian Studs, I rode last winter, the max inflationon the tire is 60 psi, but the rim can only take like 55 psi at 2.3 inch....

Buddy did the same thing...

Look closely at the valve hole, if there is a small whiteish line it is starting if not you are good to go.

Yes they have a tech bulletin that comes with the wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.