Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people are using the 319 to build up 29ers, but I was wondering if anybody has heard any rumors of Mavic coming out with 29er MTB specific rims. Better yet, if they have heard anything about Mavic UST 29er rims.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Super_Tool said:
Yankees do. Bontrager Race X Lite TLR 29'r...coming VERY soon.
I am running the Bontrager Race-X lite Hub (Dt Swiss 240s) with the Bontrager Race Lite 28 hole rim. The moment the TLR are avalible they will be on order. I have beat the crud out of the wheels and have never had to true.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those rims look sweet.

Do you think they will be available Rim only? I am hoping to build up a set of wheels with a Rohloff rear hub and a King or DT front.

If so, do they take a regular spoke and how would it attach to the ring?

Thanks - Rob

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
Ha, if you're on standard Mavic equipment, you have the heaviest wheels in the Tour, I think? It's true that the amount of 29"er riding around in france must be around a DOZEN. 20.100 may have more exact numbers for us. No Fisher distribution there, Kona doesn't like 29", Surly/Salsa hard to get. Please, most riders don't care for it :)

·
Occidental Tourist
3,563 Posts
ditto on the 719s and PW hubs.
yes, a bit heay but plenty stout and they roll like nothing else.

Attachments

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
edoz said:
Open Pros rock! I know that some think they are too narrow, but they are only 2mm narrower than the Bonty Superstock 29er rims they replaced on my bike. Light, strong, and every bike shop has them. :thumbsup:
How much do you weigh - for my weight they are a bit weak with 28 holes ... :thumbsup:

·
Front Range Cyclist
944 Posts
edoz said:
Open Pros rock! I know that some think they are too narrow, but they are only 2mm narrower than the Bonty Superstock 29er rims they replaced on my bike. Light, strong, and every bike shop has them. :thumbsup:
Yeah and so does the Mavic CXP 30 rim. I use an open pro on the rear 32 hole and I'm 230lbs....nadda problem. I have a Mavic CXP 30 up front, RADIAL 28 hole laced to an old ZIPP Carbon hub....not a problem and I'm riding a fully rigid On-One with 2.35 Panaracer Rampage tires.

·
Registered
164 Posts
TiRyder said:
Those rims look sweet.

Do you think they will be available Rim only? I am hoping to build up a set of wheels with a Rohloff rear hub and a King or DT front.

If so, do they take a regular spoke and how would it attach to the ring?

Thanks - Rob
I've been running my Rohloff with an A719 rim for several years and have had no problems. It was an expert build though which helps with any rim.

·
SALSAFIED endurance racer
498 Posts
edoz said:
I weigh 190. My Open Pros are 32h.
Do you ride them with disc brakes ??? I just asked the local DT distributor and he said he won't use the DT RR 1.1 rim with disc brakes ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts