Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using mavic crossmax wheelsets (SLs, STs) for years.

I recently broke the presta valve core while using hand pump and is seeking part replacement.

I have Part No. 99528201 (09-343) Made in Romania.

Is this presta valve core removable so that I can re-fill the sealant every quarter? This will dispense with the need of removing the tire. If not, which part provides the removable valve core?

I live in the Far East and do not have any communication with Mavic.

Thanks a lot for any info.

·
Registered
898 Posts
My 08 Crossmax SL Disc wheels have removable cores. The whole Mavic tubeless valve stem kit is available at most online retailers for around $15 and it comes with a little black plastic tool to remove and install the new core. You probably won't have to remove your entire old valve, just the core.

·
Registered
12,083 Posts
I have been using mavic crossmax wheelsets (SLs, STs) for years.

I recently broke the presta valve core while using hand pump and is seeking part replacement.

I have Part No. 99528201 (09-343) Made in Romania.

Is this presta valve core removable so that I can re-fill the sealant every quarter? This will dispense with the need of removing the tire. If not, which part provides the removable valve core?

I live in the Far East and do not have any communication with Mavic.

Thanks a lot for any info.
The older ones did not have removable valve cores.....the newer ones do....I think the change was around 2009 but I am not sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reviving this old thread as I just replaced the presta stems on both my Mavic Crossmax SL SSC Disc and TXC 3.01 wheel sets. They were from circa 2005 and they did NOT come with removable valve cores. The Mavic replacement part number 99528201 DOES come with a removable valve core. The kits includes a plastic 4.5mm wrench that is required to replace the valve core in the future.

Mavic's installation video describing the installation and part numbers required for various wheel sets - both pre and post 2012:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.