Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the ERD of the XM 719 Disc rim.

Mavic.com is flashcrapular.
Tech-mavic.com requires a password.
Les informations contenues dans ce site sont réservées aux professionnels du cycle.
The informations in this site are strictly reserved for the professional of the cycling industry.

I can figure it out from this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=442670 but right now I'm too [email protected] off.
:madmax:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know they're using both for production wheels this year; I'm actually surprised that the measurements aren't in spoke-calc yet. I'm pretty sure they're the same ERD, though.
What hub are you using? I can calc out your lengths real quick-like...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mavic tech web site password is 'dealer' user name is 'mavic-com'.

I just got two XM 719s to build up. 32 hole rim-brake version. Measured ERD on the two rims every 4 holes around on both rims and it averaged out to 538mm.

Accuracy of ERD is more important than any other measurements as it affects the spoke length more.

Their site reports 536mm for both disc & rim brake version.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. Spokescalc doesn't specify the disc model. There is a link in the linked MTBR thread that explains the difference between SSD and ERD but I haven't checked it out. Mavic tech manual specs it as Spoke Support Diameter.

I'm planning to use the DT Swiss 340 hubs. They seem to be somewhat overlooked (popularity-wise)? I was wanting the 240s but CRC is sold out (and I'm no racer, anyway).

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.