Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mavic EX823 discontinued?

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  yangpei 
#1 ·
I was told by my LBS that the 823 were discontinued and were being replaced by the EX825. Is there any truth/reason to this? Anyone here with the 411 on when they will be released if this is true?

Duc

#3 ·
The_Real_Cyclesmith said:
I had my Mavic rep in just this morning. The EX823 is gone for awhile (sold out)... Mavic says they are making a "new" 823 that will be the same rim with a few minor changes but it will stay the 823. They say they won't be out till probably November. My Mavic rep siad that the 825 is just a "rumor".
Thanks for the info. Would you happen to know what the minor differences are and will it be worth the wait?

Duc

#5 ·
That explains it

I ordered a wheelset with Hadley / Mavic EM 823 a few weeks ago and the shop keeps telling me they are waiting on parts. I think they said they were out of 32 hole rims but had the 36. I hope I'm not waiting until November.

#6 ·
The_Real_Cyclesmith said:
Unfortunately I do not know, we really didn't talk too much about that. The reps are not getting their 2005 Mavic product training for another week or two, so he really didn't know too much about it yet. I assume it will be mostly cosmetic or maybe tightening up the specs a bit.
Thanks! I guess I have no choice but to wait since my LBS is out of stock and can't order any as well.

#7 ·
yangpei said:
I ordered a wheelset with Hadley / Mavic EM 823 a few weeks ago and the shop keeps telling me they are waiting on parts. I think they said they were out of 32 hole rims but had the 36. I hope I'm not waiting until November.
I also recently ordered some Hadley hubs from Go-Ride with a delay on parts. Go-ride told me Hadley underwent some changes in the quantities they are manufacturing. The big delay now should help to avoid them in the future.

#8 ·
I got my new hoops

fr-rider said:
I also recently ordered some Hadley hubs from Go-Ride with a delay on parts. Go-ride told me Hadley underwent some changes in the quantities they are manufacturing. The big delay now should help to avoid them in the future.
I received my new wheelset yesterday from BeyondBikes.com. Hadley 36h TA front/ Hadley 36h QR rear with Mavic 823 36h rims and straight gauge spokes. Pretty sweet. I put them on my DH bike and can't wait to test them out. Hopefully your hubs will be in soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.