Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm checking out the fr2350 & the deetracks wheelsets,neither seem to get steelar reviews in the MTBR review forum.
I have used mavic wheelsets on the road without any issues over the years,but some of the deetrack reviews are quite harsh,and dt seems to get slamed over soft rims,yikes !!Please pass on any feedback

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have run a set of DeeTrax on my Specialized SX Trail for 4 seasons. I only have a small ding on the rear rim. I have had to rebuild the freehub once and you should make sure you keep it clean. It only cost about $15 for the parts. I have used these as my resort wheels and in the time I have had them I have had a season pass to either Mammoth or Northstar. They have been ridden! I was thinking about getting some new wheels this year, but figured i will run these till their done.

I have never owned the DT FR2350 but have owned the EX1750 for the same 4 years. They have seen duty on the SX Trail when I was pedaling it somewhere, but they were still ridden hard. One small ding on these...but riding around Tahoe and Downieville tests these wheels with sharp rocks. They now see duty on my Transition Covert and I ride this bike as hard as the SX but just don't do the drops. The soft DT rim thing is from years ago now...they did have a problem but I cant even remember when that was.

Both hubs are easy to tear apart and clean. I would lean towards the DTs as the rear hub has better engagement mechanism than the Mavic

FYI, I am pretty good on equipment, but I do weigh 200lbs geared up.

·
S&G CREW
267 Posts
I have been running my deetracks for about 1 1/2 yrs and not had any problems, still running as true as when i got them.I also read the reviews which arent the greatest, but never had a problem with other mavic wheels ive had so i tried them no regrets here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.