Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to decide between the Crosstrails or Race Lites. Each about the same price
($470-479) and I think the same weight.
I just read the MBA article on the Rythms and the posts here. I guess these are new. The elites are $499 and the comps $349.
How does the rim width effect the ride? Rythms are 28 mm and the others 21 or 23mm.
I currently ride a Kona Dawg with 2.35 Maxxis Igniter tubed tires but may switch to some 2.1 tubeless. I weigh about 215 with gear.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
HAUC2002 said:
I was trying to decide between the Crosstrails or Race Lites. Each about the same price
($470-479) and I think the same weight.
I just read the MBA article on the Rythms and the posts here. I guess these are new. The elites are $499 and the comps $349.
How does the rim width effect the ride? Rythms are 28 mm and the others 21 or 23mm.
I currently ride a Kona Dawg with 2.35 Maxxis Igniter tubed tires but may switch to some 2.1 tubeless. I weigh about 215 with gear.
Go with the Rhythm Comps. The wider rim increases the lateral stability of most tires. The Rhythms are also sturdier than the other two wheelsets and MUCH easier to mount and remove tires on.

Good match for your bike and weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts