Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Adventure Mapper
554 Posts
saturnine said:
heavy? that's as light or lighter than my king/819 wheelset which was like $600.
How much does your king/819 wheelset weigh? I was about to pull the trigger on a craigslist deal on xt/819s for 200, but saw this and thought, "well, if I ride them for the rest of this season and don't trash them, I should be able to sell them used and get almost all my money back anyway." They aren't ust, but half the tires I run have tubes in them anyways.
Had to buy a set just to try them out. Any concerns about the low spoke count, or are these pretty ok for extended/aggressive xc?

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
Are these drilled for Presta or Schrader?

Ordered a set last night so I could upgrade my son's bike to 6-bolt hubs and give him my previous take-off BB5's. I'm a Clyde with plenty of crashes under my belt so this 24-spoke wheelset isn't intended for me personally. My son's OE wheels will go onto my vacation bike to upgrade those craptastic wheels when I next see the bike.

It's worth mentioning that if you use PayPal "Bill-Me-Later" option for the first time, you'll get a one-time $10 credit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
rideitall said:
Damn you guys.

Didn't really require another wheelset, but the price was too good. Just ordered two sets, delivered to my door (Vanc, BC) for just under $218.
I know the feeling! Had to order some myself even tho I didn't need em! Hell of a deal!

C..

1 - 20 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.