Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Mavic CrossMax SX's from 2008. They are set up for 20mm thru axle but i was hoping to mount them on my 2009 enduro which sports a 2010 Float with a 15mm qr thruaxle. I have done a fair amount of research and it seems there is a lot of mixed info regarding if this front hub can be converted from 20mm to 15mm. As it can convert from 20mm to 9mmQR, i do not understand the reasoning on why there is no mavic conversion from 20 to 15mm. I have found some old post http://www.mtbr.com/cat/suspension/2009-forks/fox-racing-shox/32talas15mmqr/PRD_420740_6513crx.aspx where people ordered machined end caps from Risse Racing in Redding...seems the company is closed down. Any other advice on finding someone who is able to machine this part???? Please Help
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
348 Posts
I assume that in order to fit 20mm, there must be a plug that inserts and extends the width to the 110mm standard for 20mm. When these plugs are removed, the plug for the QR is shorter to allow it to fit in a 100mm fork drop out?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bump for a answer .

Will the newer adapotors fit the older wheels ?

I'm also not sure what year my wheels are they're white hubs , grey rims sx's of course

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm looking for similar adapters as well

Just wanted to reiterate interest in these types of parts from Mavic (or someone else).

I've got a pair of ~2004 deemax wheels that are not being used that I'd like to convert to 15mm. They're currently setup using 20mm and I have the adapters for 9mm. I sent an email to Risse, but have not heard back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts