Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weight and description -wise, the two sound the same. Then on the current Mavic website, the SL is no longer available, only the ST. What's the difference between the two in terms of performance, stiffness and durability?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Comparing 09 STs to 09 SLRs the STs are noticeably stiffer laterally. Only durability issues seem to be freehub maintenance and they both have the same freehub. Comes down to a few grams and looks I suppose.

·
Church of the Wheel
749 Posts
The ST uses a wider rim that's stronger and better suited for running wider tires. Mavic considers the ST to be an "All Mountain" wheel.

·
Banned
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, thanks for all the replies. At the time I posted the thread, I just bought the STs. Through a bit of luck and because of price, I will be getting the appropriate wheelset. The relatively stiffer wheel is just what I'd prefer, since the type of riding I do with my bike is best characterized as "aggressive XC." ...I can't wait!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.