Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I order a set of Mavic Crossland (Black), Kenda Kinetic 2.2 UST tires(front and rear) and 2 set of Avid brake pads. Everything was normal price but at check out I got 15% off. There is a code at the top of their web page. The discount came out close to $50. They also gave me 19.64 towards any shipping I wanted. I chose the normal shipping method so it was essentially free.

Total 321.64 Shipped

I thought this was a good deal so I wanted to share. The 15% off does not apply to custom wheels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Universal Cycles

I am concerned because I have not received a confirmation or shipment e-mail and I ordered on July 3rd. I will have to give them a call today.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
et_mtb said:
I am concerned because I have not received a confirmation or shipment e-mail and I ordered on July 3rd. I will have to give them a call today.
They don't ship sooner than 3 business days :madman: . You can expect your stuff by mid-end july (depending where you are)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are probably correct

I just called today and they said they don't have the Crosslands in stock and will not get them until Wednesday:eek: Then another week to ship.:madman: It is not keeping me off the trail to wait so no big deal. I will be pretty patient considering I got a good deal.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
I ordered from them amost a dozen times and half of the times they didn't have in stock what was showing as 'in stock' on their web site.
I think they are a good store to buy from, but these things make me want to buy from somewhere else.:mad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe Not a Good Deal After All

I am still waiting for shipment of my order. My order was place on July 3rd. When I placed the order the site indicated in stock an ready to ship. I called a week later and the rep said it would ship on Wednesday July 12th. I called on Wednesday July 12 and the rep said I would ship on Friday. Still no shipment.:madman: Maybe the delay is from Mavic:confused: I guess I will keep waiting another week.

Universal's site does indicate that the wheels are on back order now. I paid through PayPal so if I cancel my order will I have to pay the fees?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.