Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the changes have been to the C29SSMAX wheelset Mavic makes?

I've been able to find them under the names "C29SSMAX" and "C29SSMAX ST", and I hear there may be another better/stronger/faster/etc. version for 2010 but I can't seem to find the information on the Interwebs.

I'm trying to secure a pair for my upcoming racing season (used vs. new is my current dilemma) so any help or guidance for a 29er noob would be greatly appreciated!

·
This place needs an enema
16,941 Posts
Mavic believes that they produce a *perfect* product, and as such they see no need to change them every year.

:skep: :rolleyes:

Other than a few minor issues they are pretty good for cookie cutter wheels.

MC

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
Oh...maybe it was 09, i know the set i have do not have the convertible front hub either, and i thought they were 2009's, but i may be wrong. I know the 2010's have the convertible hub.

My initial thought was the 2008's were QR only for the front, then in 09 they offered your choice of a QR or 20mm front, and for 2010, they offer the QR/15mm and the 20mm only front.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
jut8 said:
Oh...maybe it was 09, i know the set i have do not have the convertible front hub either, and i thought they were 2009's, but i may be wrong. I know the 2010's have the convertible hub.

My initial thought was the 2008's were QR only for the front, then in 09 they offered your choice of a QR or 20mm front, and for 2010, they offer the QR/15mm and the 20mm only front.
From introduction the C29ssmax front wheels have had separate QR and 20mm version hubs. The latter has wider flange spacing that will not work with a 100mm axle width.

Do not know about the 15mm option.

·
i heart singletrack
1,553 Posts
mikesee said:
Mavic believes that they produce a *perfect* product, and as such they see no need to change them every year.

:skep: :rolleyes:

Other than a few minor issues they are pretty good for cookie cutter wheels.

MC
I agree... I like my C29SSMAX wheels despite my love of building and riding my own wheels. They're light, smooth, stiff and strong for their weight. They also set up tubeless very nicely, which is a high priority for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.