Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow mtbers and Happy New Year

I just received my new I-9/Mavic 819 wheelset a couple of weeks ago and just noticed that the 819 rims look like they have tiny creases in them on the outside closest to the spokes. I did a search but could find nothing about it. Does anyone else have 819s that also look this this? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Happy Trails,

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mark

My I9's w/819 rims were picked up in early December 2007. I hadn't noticed it before, but my rims have a slight raised bump at the corner near each spoke as you described. Seem to be more predominant on one side. It may be worth contacting I9 about it.

Rich

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Rich.

It's not really a raised bump but more of a an uneven surface. It is on the whole circumference of the rim where the brake track would be on a v-brake rim. But it's only about the lower 1/8" or so. Hope this helps. I'll try to take a pic soon. Thanks for your input.

Mark

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I've been riding on a pair of XM819 rims since February 2004. Out of curiosity I just went and had a look at them and I can't see anything like you describe. They are completely unblemished. I too would be interested in seeing a close up photo of what you describe.

Ronnie.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have 819/I9's and mine look similar so I hope it's normal..I've had mine since December '06.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just got a new 819 and it looks exactly the same as above. I think it is just the finish. I got it for $60, on sale, from PricePoint last month, so I can't complain too much.

The 3 year old 819 I have on the front isn't like this...smooth as a baby's bottom.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. It certainly makes me feel a little better about them.:thumbsup:

Happy Trails,

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts