1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple options I am exploring
Used set of wheels for $350 or Build new
Used: Mavic 719's White Industries SS hub

My build would be new ZTR arches with either King SS or Hope SS rear hub. The front will definitely be a hope.

Thinking about just building them up. They will probably end weighing less... Or is that just a crazy good deal and I shouldn't let it pass?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think those are all great options. If the White/719 wheels are in decent shape, I would definitely consider those for that price. White hubs are nice and the 719 rims are similar width to the Arches. The White hub uses a freewheel cog, while the King and Hope use a cassette cog, if that matters to you. The Arches are lighter than the 719s and easier to use tubeless. But the built wheels may be not be that much lighter than the used wheels. And of course the King SS option is the most expensive if price is a big factor -- heck the King rear hub alone will cost about the same as the used wheelset.

·
certified mtb addict
163 Posts
Will throw in my 2c about the mavic 719s. Got a wheelset earlier this year consisting of Hope Pro II's and 719 disc rims. 719's have been rock solid - great all round trail rim as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.